You wanna know what one of the worst things in the world is?
Coming home from hanging out with a bunch of friends, looking in the mirror and seeing that you have a hunk of food stuck in your front teeth.
My first thought is “HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN HERE?” and my second thought is “Whyyyy didn’t anyone alert me of this?”
What is it with people who don’t want to tell their friends when they have food stuck in their teeth? The second I notice something in your teeth, I tell you, because I know I wouldn’t want to be walking around all day with that, talking to people as they TRY with all their might to focus on the conversation and not that branch sticking out of my teeth.
I think there’s like a certain amount of time that you’re allotted to wait to tell someone news like this. If you wait too long, then when you DO tell them, the guilty person will be all like “Why didn’t you tell me when we first started talking? Oh, that’s what you were staring at”. Indeed, there is a time buffer. And the longer you wait, the more awkward and harder it gets to tell that person about the food in their teeth.
Braided Spaghetti Bread Recipe
By November 5, 2012Published:
- Yield: 1 loaf (4 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
Adapted from Rhodes Bread
- 1 loaf bread dough
- 6 ounces spaghetti cooked
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella shredded
- 1 egg white
- 2 table spoons parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out your loaf into a rectangle
- Place cooked spaghetti lengthwise in a 4-inch strip down the center of dough along with sauce and mozzarella.
- Make cuts 1 1/2-inches apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2 -inch of filling and braid by folding top and bottom strips toward filling. Then braid strips left over right, right over left. Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under braid.
- Place braid on a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Brush braid with egg white and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley. Bake for 35 minutes and ENJOY!
Let’s do everybody a favor and just TELL each other when you have food in your teeth. It saves us all some embarrassment and unnecessary awkwardness.