I remember the first “homemade” apple dip I ever had.
We made it in Home Ec class my sophomore year of high school. It.was.so.good. I couldn’t believe something that delicious could ever exist. I just wanted to drink it from the bowl. But there were other people in the class, so I couldn’t - APPARENTLY it was against social norms. Plus, one of my classmates was totally double dipping, so I pretty much only got one taste of the dip before I was too repulsed to eat anymore. To make matters worse, the double dipper had a cold. UGH. I guess double dipping when you have a cold isn’t against social norms. Double dippers are SO GROSS (and yes, Rob, I know it was “myth busted” that double dipping isn’t bad, but I don’t care…it’s still gross and I don’t want to swap saliva with anyone in my apple dip).
Every fall since then I have thought about that tasty apple dip. It was THAT good. Unfortunately, I lost the recipe (like I do with every recipe I fall in love with). Here it is though….seven(ISH) years later! I am SO HAPPY to say that I have found a recipe that tastes EXACTLY like the dip from my Home Ec class.
Brown Sugar Apple Dip Recipe
By September 24, 2012Published:
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups (2 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
The perfect way to welcome fall.
- 8 oz fat free cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp unsweetened baker's chocolate shaved
- 3 apples
- Combine cream cheese, brown sugar and confectioner's sugar until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract until just combined.
- Shave 1 teaspoon's worth of baker's chocolate with a cheese grater and sprinkle on top of apple dip.
- Enjoy with apple slices!
The apples are optional in this recipe. Just drink it from the bowl. Seriously.