I didn’t grow up a southern belle drinking sweet tea. Nope. I’m a Hoosier at heart.
I grew up drinking milk, chocolate milk and orange juice.
I never really understood my husband’s obsession with sweet tea until we moved down to Alabama and one of our friends offered us a drink of their homemade sweet tea. It.was.DELICIOUS. My life had been incomplete up until then and I had NO idea! Lucky for me, they told me it was easy to make. So finally, months and month later, I mustered up the courage to make my own sweet tea.
Southern Sweet Tea Recipe
By October 31, 2012Published:
- Yield: 16 cups
- Prep: 18 mins
I didn't grow up a southern belle drinking sweet tea. Nope. I'm a Hoosier at heart. I grew up drinking milk, chocolate milk …
- 6-8 regular sized tea bags
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 cups sugar
- 12 cups cool water
- In a medium sized bowl, place 6-8 tea bags and top with the baking soda.
- Pour the 4 cups of boiling water over the tea bags, cover with a towel and allow to steep for 15 minutes.
- Take out the tea bags (don't squeeze them) and dispose of them. Add the sugar and stir until it's dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a gallon jug and add 12 cups of cold water. Allow to cool and ENJOY!
Now I’m just wondering what else I’m missing out on that needs to be in my life, like, RIGHT NOW???