Snickerdoodles, by far, are my favorite cookie. Especially crispy crunchy ones. I never even thought to stuff them with anything until I read on Katie’s blog a recipe for stuffed cookies. DUH. They taste AMAZING.
One day I’ll think that my oven’s to blame because I’ll make a recipe that I’ve made ten times over and it burns randomly. The next I’ll think that Alabama is to blame because my cookie dough is way to limp and the cookies come out soft and flat.
Thankfully the oven and humidity level were cooperating with me on the day I made these. They turned out perfectly. Like, I was afraid to touch them because I didn’t want to ruin them.
They tasted perfect too. With the cream cheese filling, it’s like a party in your mouth.
Stuffed Snicker-doodles Recipe
By May 10, 2013Published:
- Yield: 10 cookies (2 Servings)
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 11 mins
- Ready In: 31 mins
Adapted from "Chocolate Covered Katie"
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-3 teaspoons milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the cookie dry ingredients and cookie wet ingredients in separate bowls. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Form 15-20 mini balls and flatten them with the bottom of a cup.
- Mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar and place1/4 teaspoon of the mixture on half of the flattened dough.
- Top each dough with an empty piece of dough and roll into balls. Again, flatten the dough balls with a cup. This should give you 7-10 cookies.
- Mix together the sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and roll each cookie in the mixture and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 11 minutes and ENJOY!
I really do need to make Snickerdoodles more often.
If you live in the south and you have a cookie recipe that turns out perfectly every time, send it to me.
I need more cookie recipes like this one to keep me going.